Nature has given you an opportunity this summer to spend more time with your family and concentrate on your personal health to build a strong immune system. As the government imposes a lot of rules and regulations to stay back and work from home, it also gives you an opportunity for self rejuvenation. As summer is raising high with huge climatic changes and pandemic diseases spreading widely across the globe, it is more important to stay fit and build a strong immune system. Increasing our immunity is the only way to fight against any disease. Being healthy and strong helps you maximize your ability to fight infection. Here are some home-based tips to improve your immunity as you stay back home.
• As you kick start your day, mix in warm water 1 lemon juiced with the sliced or grated ginger and a pinch of turmeric. Let it steep for 5-10mins, then Enjoy!. The lemon juice cleans your liver providing a hearty dose of Vitamin C, ginger being an anti-inflammatory, lowers blood sugars and cholesterol.
• Consuming Neem and Turmeric daily with tepid, light honey water in the morning is a wonderful way of cleansing and dilating the cellular structure. It helps improve your immunity and regenerates your body.
• Taking Nilavembu Kudineer during mid-day helps in regulating body temperature and controls infections. It is a polyherbal decoction and contains the following herbs: Nilavembu, Vettiver, Vilamichai ver, Chukku, Milagu, Korai Kizhangu, Santhanam, Parpadaagam and Pei pedal. Nilavembu Kudineer detoxes the blood, liver, and spleen and relieves body aches.
• Have positive vibes circulate inside your house both in the morning and evening with the Dasangam Powder which is ideally made from Lac, Camphor, Silasatthu, Honey, Cows Gee, and Jaggery. This dasangam creates a soothing atmosphere of calm serenity. The Dasangam powder is to be placed in the cow dung cups. The fragrance removes negativity and brings positive energy inside the house.
• During your mid-day meal try adding Seeragam Milagu Rasam, Thoothuvalai Rasam to improve your immunity. It helps you in fighting against common cold and cough.
• Ashwagandhadi lehyam is a traditional poly-herbal semi-solid formulation is considered as an immune booster rich in anti-oxidants, this lehyam is specially formulated with herbs recommended to increase energy, reduce fatigue and improve stamina.
• Lemongrass has many positive attributes; it acts as a long-term mosquito repellent. Lemongrass is commonly taken orally, applied directly to the skin, or inhaled as aromatherapy. Lemongrass might help prevent the growth of some bacteria and yeast. Lemongrass also contains substances that are thought to relieve pain and swelling, reduce fever, improve levels of sugar and cholesterol in the blood, stimulate the uterus and menstrual flow, and have antioxidant properties. You can grow lemongrass in your balcony and get its benefits easily.
• Eating plenty of fruits and Vegetables and keeping yourself hydrated is the best way to stay fit. Laughter and positivity can release stress-busting neuropeptides to counter the negativity, stress, and anxiety induce. Arugampul juice, Amla juice, Nannari juice are great antioxidants that help build strong immunity. Consuming them on a timely basis will help you fight against diseases.
• We know that our immune system gets depressed when we are limiting our sleep and don’t get enough. As you are staying back and working from home you can extend your sleep to an average of 7-8 hours for adults, and more for children.
Health is wealth !. It’s time for us to pause and think a little more about our health and personal hygiene.
Namma Kovai , Sugam Kakkum Kovai. We care for you.
Sharing is caring!